If you're looking for a gift for the budding birdwatcher or nature lover in your life, look no further than a pair of binoculars designed specifically for kids! We've rounded up a selection of the best options for kids aged 8-12.
Binoculars for Kids: A Comprehensive Guide
When choosing binoculars for kids, there are a few things you need to take into account to ensure that you're making the best purchase possible. This comprehensive guide will cover what factors you should keep in mind while shopping, as well as some of our top recommendations.
To start, it's important to consider what type of activity your child will use the binoculars for. If they're interested in bird watching or observing nature up close, you'll want a pair with higher magnification power. On the other hand, if your child wants something fun to play with at the park or beach, then lower magnification will suffice.
It's also important to consider the size and weight of the binoculars. You want something that is comfortable for your child to hold and carry around without being too bulky or cumbersome. And finally, make sure to pick a pair with adjustable eyecups so that it can be used by children with glasses or contact lenses.
The 8 Best Binoculars for Kids in 2020
You want to get your kids the best binoculars possible so they can explore the world around them. Here are the eight best binoculars for kids in 2020:
1. National Geographic Adventure Binoculars – These binoculars are specifically designed for kids ages six and up. They have an ergonomic design and offer 8x magnification.
2. Carson DeskBin 19×22 Compact Binoculars – These binoculars are perfect for kids who love to bird watch or study insects and other small creatures up close. They offer 19x magnification power and come with a handy carrying case.
3. Celestron Nature DX ED 8×42 Binoculars – If you're looking for high-quality optics, these binoculars from Celestron are a great option. They offer 8x magnification power and 42mm objective lenses, making them ideal for wildlife observation or stargazing.
4. Nikon Aculon A30 10×25 Binoculars – These lightweight binoculars from Nikon are perfect for hikes or camping trips with your family. They offer 10x magnification power and have 25mm objective lenses, making them easy to carry without sacrificing image quality.
_five Bushnell H2O Waterproof/Fogproof Roof Prism Binocula-These fully waterproof and fog proof binoculars feature BaK-4 prisms and multi-coated optics for clear viewing _ even in inclement weather conditions._6 Oberwerk Deluxe II 20-60×80 HD Spotting Scope– This powerful spotting scope is perfect for serious birders or nature enthusiasts._7 Brunton Eterna ED 10×42 mm Roof Prism Binoculars– Featuring extra-low dispersion glass elements, these binoculars promise excellent colour fidelity and resolution._8 Vortex Optics Diamondback HP 12×50 High PerformanceBinoculart– With a massive 50mm objective lens, this pair ofbinoculargo beyond basic specimen observation into astronomical territory
5 Reasons Why Binoculars are Important for Kids
Binoculars are usually associated with bird watching but have many other uses. Here are five reasons why binoculars are essential for kids:
1. They Help Kids Understand the Scale
It can be difficult for young children to understand the size of things they can't see up close. Binoculars help bridge that gap by allowing kids to see objects that are far away in great detail. This can help them better grasp the size and scale of big and small things.
2. They Promote an Interest in Nature
Binoculars allow kids to look closely at the natural world around them. By getting an up-close view of birds, animals, and other aspects of nature, kids can develop a greater appreciation for the world we live in. Additionally, binoculars can be used to spot constellations at night or get a better look at flowers and plants during a nature hike.
3. They Encourage Outdoor Playtime
In today's digital age, encouraging kids to unplug and go outside is more important than ever. Binoculars provide the perfect excuse to do just that! Free from screens and electronic distractions, exploring with binoculars encourages kids to use their imaginations while getting fresh air and exercise. It's a win-win!
4. They Can Be Used in All Kinds of Weather Conditions
Another great thing about binoculars is that they can be used no matter what the weather is like outside. Rainy days? No problem - head out for a rainforest scavenger hunt! Snowy conditions? Go for a winter wildlife expedition! With binoculars, there's always something fun waiting to be discovered, no matter what Mother Nature throws your way.